PSB Image 6t vs Axiom M60

L

lynn2c

Audioholic Intern
I'm getting ready to invest in some new speakers and have found what I would consider a pretty good deal on the PSB Image 6t's. I was about ready to order the Axiom M60's. I have had no luck finding a place to hear the Axiom's. I have heard the PSB's and liked them. I keep reading (mostly on the Axiom boards) that their speakers are superior to this line of PSB's. Any one heard both?

T

theguy

Enthusiast
Hi there. I have heard both. Both are excellent Cdn speakers that are designed in the same studios at the National Research Council in Ottawa. I believe that the Axioms give you better value for the dollar. Their sound will be very similar. I would save the money and go with the Axioms.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
theguy said:
Hi there. I have heard both. Both are excellent Cdn speakers that are designed in the same studios at the National Research Council in Ottawa. I believe that the Axioms give you better value for the dollar. Their sound will be very similar. I would save the money and go with the Axioms.

I disagree. I have heard both speakers as well but I found the Image 6 as the better speaker. The Image 6 still provides the airy details in high frequencies that the M60 provides but its not quite as bright. Its a little more subdoed. I guess that part is personal taste. Where the Image 6 clobbers the M60's is in its bass response. Its tighter, deeper, harder, and faster. Midrange are equal on both as is imaging.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis