PSB 5T vs Energy CF-50. Speakers

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
Hello everyone I’m new here so I’m sorry for any mistakes I make on here I need your advise on speakers PSB-5T or energy CF- 50. I can get them for same price. I am using a onkyo TX-SR-876 receiver no surround sound just 2.1. Stereo for music any advise would be greatly appreciated thank you very much

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You only need to post once. :)
This would have been the better place, the Loudspeaker forum, but since you already got an answer over on that other one... No biggy

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
Sorry about that did not know. Still waiting on some advise thank you

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, those were some questions and since this is the correct location.....

Speakers are very subjective so hard to tell you what is "better". The Energy speaker line was discontinued quite a while ago so familiarity with Energy isn't widespread. You can look at specs/measurements (if you can find for both) and compare that way, or rely on inconsistent subjective opinions of others. Listening for yourself in your own room would be ideal. What other speakers have you used? Other than both being same price (and I assume available near you), can you give us some background on why you're asking particularly about these?

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
Thank you for the response mostly price both pairs I can for 300 each pair just want to make sure I get the best ones to go with my receiver will upgrade after I move I know there not the greatest speakers at all but for now they will do just need some advise on which pair. Thank you

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
Thank you for the response mostly price both pairs I can for 300 each pair just want to make sure I get the best ones to go with my receiver will upgrade after I move I know there not the greatest speakers at all but for now they will do just need some advise on which pair. Thank you
I also have used kef. Polk and Bose 901

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I also have used kef. Polk and Bose 901
What you are using now was more what I meant as to why you're looking at the specific speakers you're asking about. What is it about the receiver's amp that you're worried about with each speaker?

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
I’m worried about the sound quality of the speakers and not to damage them I like my music loud receiver puts out 140 watts at 8 ohms. 170 at 6 ohms. I believe

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’m worried about the sound quality of the speakers and not to damage them I like my music loud receiver puts out 140 watts at 8 ohms. 170 at 6 ohms. I believe
The amp will work well with either set of speakers. Damage is in your use of the volume control, keep it sane (if it sounds bad turn it down) and they'll be fine. Drunken parties and turning it up to 11, no guarantees :)

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
Thanks again for your response from your experience which ones do you recommend thank you

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have not heard either speaker, but from what I've read they're both very good speakers. Both with Canadian roots too if that matters to you, and were priced similarly.....altho the Energy's price had 10 years of inflation added from what I could see, so perhaps the PSB was the pricier model in that sense. Both those lines of speakers from PSB and Energy have generally positive reviews from what I've read. Toss a coin perhaps.

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
I have not heard either speaker, but from what I've read they're both very good speakers. Both with Canadian roots too if that matters to you, and were priced similarly.....altho the Energy's price had 10 years of inflation added from what I could see, so perhaps the PSB was the pricier model in that sense. Both those lines of speakers from PSB and Energy have generally positive reviews from what I've read. Toss a coin perhaps.
Thank you very. Much for your advise much appreciated

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’m leaning that way thank you very much
I'd also lean that way just out of curiosity, did have a little experience with Energy speakers and have always heard such nice things about Paul Barton's work....

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
I'd also lean that way just out of curiosity, did have a little experience with Energy speakers and have always heard such nice things about Paul Barton's work....
I did To all positive feedback about him thank you

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My daughter's BF just picked up a pair of PSB Image 5T off FB Marketplace for about the same money, in dark cherry. They'll be perfect matching with the PSB Image 1B bookshelf speakers I gave them a couple months back.

I'm anxious to hear those Image 5T's because the 1B's are so surprisingly good!

B

Boss 429

Enthusiast
That’s good to hear they should sound nice thank you

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My daughter's BF just picked up a pair of PSB Image 5T off FB Marketplace for about the same money, in dark cherry. They'll be perfect matching with the PSB Image 1B bookshelf speakers I gave them a couple months back.

I'm anxious to hear those Image 5T's because the 1B's are so surprisingly good!
Let us know what you think.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis