M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Alright, I will be getting a PS3 within the next week or so. I am very excited. I have a 360 and am a huge fan of gaming. I would like some suggestions about what the first game I should get for the system should be. A couple in my head right now are RFoM and Heavenly Sword. I really want something that is as visually stunning, if not more so, as it is fun to play. I am a huge rpg fan, but I like just about everything. Thanks as always for the feedback.

Mike

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
Visually stunning wise, I would say Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, the two you suggested do look nice also, I feel heavenly sword is the better of the two. But I'm a big RPG fan and seeing as there isn't really a good one out yet for the PS, I would say adventure wise Uncharted, its a good story, some overly difficult AI in some parts that makes it a good challenge. And I found the graphics top notch.

GuardDog

GuardDog

Enthusiast
Best, Visually on the Playstation right now is probably Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. Certain portions of that game had me wishing I didn't have bullets flying by my head so I could take it in more. Heavenly Sword, while a good game, always seemed more of a God of War game to me, don't get me wrong, it's good but I couldn't help sitting there thinking "wow, that's similar".

Resistance is a great game as well, the only thing that keeps me from getting it is the fact that it's still at full asking price even though it was one of the PS3's initial launches. Resistance 2 has been slated for sometime in 2008 so I plan on waiting until that comes out, the initial one has a price drop and pick them both up at the same time.

Might not be up your alley but I'd look into Call of Duty 4 as well. First Person Shooter, great online, graphics are very, very good as well.

But those are the big sellers with decent graphics. Only other ones I've really heard about that will be visually and game play good are a few of the new major titles planned for April or beyond

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Uncharted, COD4, and UT3 if FPS' are your fancy. Ohh yeah and Rock Band as well if you like that kind of stuff and it's a great party game.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Uncharted is short (and relatively easy), but it is one of the best looking ones so far, and a lot of fun.

RPG: Folklore. Visually gorgeous, great sound but the game play can get a bit monotonous. Good story and is in the 40hr range to complete (all quests) as well as having additional downloadable content.

Resistance is a good game, but I got tired of it really fast, same with COD4 - if you aren't going to play online it isn't terribly interesting.

Motorstorm or Dirt if you like racing.

I'd pass on Heavenly Sword.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis