PS3 picked up last night...

H

hakalugi

Audiophyte
hey,

long time lurker...

got my ps3 last night, via hdmi and optical, very nice. played first few chapters of Resistance no complaints, looks good.

Like all married men (you youngsters, enjoy it while it lasts) my pitch to my wife was: "it's a Blue-Ray player, too!" ;) She's not a gamer - any recommendations on a Movie to pick up for this weekend so she can share in my joy ?

thanks,

Fernando

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
If you are looking for high quality videos that really show off what BD can do I would check out the pirates movies. If you want a more inclusive list go to highdefdigest.com I have found their ratings to be pretty good. Also, if you like the bad check out Nine Inch Nails BD its great.

T

TYLER JC

Enthusiast
Another Awsome Display For The Ps3 Is Bbc Planet Earth Series. Plus If You Really Want To Impress Our Wife Download Some Pictures Via The Card Reader And Do A Slide Show Or Home Movie Ofthe Kids My Wife Was Impressed Right Away. Have Fun!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, the slide show features are really cool, and it does tend to impress the significant other.

Movies? Maybe something like The Prestige if she hasn't seen it. I've been buying a lot of BD movies lately and I have continued to be impressed with the video quality of all of them. I was really surprised with Kung Fu Hustle - the video quality was extremely good.

I agree, I use Highdefdigest as a factor in whether or not I buy a particular movie and so far, they are a good gauge.

Congrats man!

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
I have heard that if you sign up for a Sony Credit Card they give you $100 off your first purchase. So, you could get the 60GB model right now for $399 with 5 free Blu-ray disc's. I say that's one heck of a deal. But, I would wait until Sony runs another free shipping offer because one just ended like a couple days ago (for all you really really cheap people :p).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis