PS3 limited availability...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
What's with the limited availability of 120gb PS3 slims in stores since X-mas?

Are they replacing it with an updated version already?

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
What's with the limited availability of 120gb PS3 slims in stores since X-mas?

Are they replacing it with an updated version already?
I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't really been looking. Is it a specific store that never has them?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
GameStop, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy...They get one or two here and there but that's it. I've been thinking on getting one and noticed that when they ran out at X-mas they never really restocked. Then it snowed...again...and I thought WTH I'll gut go get one before I'm snowed in. It would give me (and the boy) something new to play with if we do get a lot of snow. (funny thing about that statement is that he 9 and has had enough snow for one winter. LOL) They were all out. 4 Gamestops, 1 Walmart, 1 super Walmart ,1 K-mart, 2 Targets, and 2 Bestbuys...All out.:confused:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I heard the same thing, my friend just got a 250 gig since he couldn't find any 120 gig versions. I guess the price cut has caused demand to outweigh the supply.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
That was my thinking around Christmas time but it's been two months...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That was my thinking around Christmas time but it's been two months...
It was mentioned before Christmas that there would be likely shortages for months on the 120GB PS3 systems. Their projections weren't unfounded. PS3 sales on ebay are dominating as well, holding their value extremely well. It's almost as if the introduction of the slims had no affect on the resell value of fat boy PS3 systems either. Sony's "game" plan (pun intended) on the Playstation systems have always worked out for them in the end. Microsoft hadn't had a profitable return on the XBOX 360 until 2008 and did not increase in 2009. With Sony plunging into the market heavily with some new exclusive games and cut costs for the system I'm pretty sure that Microsoft can count on losing a chunk of the market while Sony is gaining ground. Sony was spending money to make money a few years ago, now it's time for them to cash in.

Last edited:
drunkmunk

drunkmunk

Junior Audioholic
I've had the same problem. It's even harder to find someplace that has them available for shipping. I can't go to any brick and mortar stores to hope they have one in stock either. Bestbuy online showed that they had them in stock a couple of weeks ago and I ordered one (along with a couple of other guys) and they reportedly "shipped" the next day. Mail can be slow getting to my current location but I have received several things ordered at the same time and even a few things ordered several days later. Nothing is more frusterating than staring at unopened copies of Modern Warfare 2 & Uncharted 2 with no PS3 :mad: and no way to track the package to prove whether it actually shipped or not.

Moral of the story... Make sure they actually have them in stock if you do end up going on line to order.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I could not find any playstations 3's the other day. The salesperson at target said they wont get any until the end of march(WTF):confused: so I ended up buying one online last night:) OH yeah i am excited about getting it for sure.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Every store around here has a few available. Right afte xmas they were all sold out. On Black Friday, Best Buy had around 100 of them!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I would have guess you could not have guessed how to spell sporadic!:D

Who loves you man!:D:D:D:D
LOL, what, no faith? I spelled it out, and posted it. Then went to edit to see if I spelled it right, so I actually did guess correctly. I got lucky this time.:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, what, no faith? I spelled it out, and posted it. Then went to edit to see if I spelled it right, so I actually did guess correctly. I got lucky this time.:D
you the man!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was just at Frys a little bit ago and they had at least 15 120G.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
SCORE!

Walked into bestbuy at lunch and there was ONE there. It's mine now...until my son sees it anyway.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats. What are you going to be playing? I presume this is for gaming and not just movies?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats. What are you going to be playing? I presume this is for gaming and not just movies?

MLB2010 The Show (my boy is a baseball junkie.:)) is all we have at the moment. I like the sports and driving games personally. My wife likes the Final Fantasy type games and my son likes mostly sports but plays a little bit of everything.

We have xbox, xbox360 & ps2 already so there are plenty of games in the house. (I have an Atari a NES and a Genesis system packed away also...) Don't even get me started on the handhelds!:eek::eek:

I don't game like I used to. I wanted the Bluray player with WiFi so it didn't make any sense to me not to get the PS3 because we do game. I do want to by a stand alone player for the bedroom though...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis