PS3 into TV then to Reciver ? Same quality ?

V

vxcalais01

Audioholic Intern
If i had a PS3 and plugged it direct via HDMI to the LCD TV with the new audio codes, and from there via optical cable to the receiver(Pioneer vsx519v) and speakers would i only get limited sound and video quality ? I know this is against the reason of a reciever, but for future reference to use the extra HDMI on the LCD. Is it always best to plug the blue rays/ps3 through the receiver via hdmi and then onto the lcd tv ? Thanks.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I strongly doubt that you can pass a digital MC audio signal through yout TV to a receiver. The TV may pass digital sound from it's internal ATSC tuner but I don't think it will "pass through" any other digital MC signals. Red/white analog, yes, but not digital.

Generally, source > receiver > TV is the most reliable.

But, the way things change in this field, I could be wrong.

V

vxcalais01

Audioholic Intern
The recent LCD's in the last 6 months tend to recognise the Dolby Digital DTS-MA and True HD audio signals and so on. I know the TV has 3 HDMI In and 1 HDMI out. I will use the spares for other appliances i use in the future. I will follow the recommendations :)

V

vxcalais01

Audioholic Intern
Samsung 52 b750. Bought in Australia if it makes a difference to models. I think ours are only 200hz, where U.S model is higher i think.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Samsung 52 b750. Bought in Australia if it makes a difference to models. I think ours are only 200hz, where U.S model is higher i think.
I wasnt aware that samsung or any other consumer display had HDMI outputs:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis