PS3 firmware update 1.81

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing too big here but its nice support. Some hdmi handshake fixes and some more ps2 support along with some other stuff.

Link

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So damn hot here that I haven't been firing the PS3 up...will have to check it out. I heard there was going to be a "big" release for firmware 2.0 or something....

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully soon, but I haven't heard much news about that yet.

nasd90

nasd90

Audioholic
I'm actually quite impressed with this 1.81 update mostly for the upsampling. My wife and I don't have cable (trust me, not because of funds...) and we're Netflix TV Series Junkies when we do watch TV and now we're going through the Law & Order series from the 1st season and we usually watch it on the XBOX because when it shipped it had a chip inside it that did the upsampling so it was hardware & firmware based upsampling. The PS3 however, is just software upsampling and I've got to say I'm leaning towards Sony this time around... That and the fact I can play my new found addiction, SACD quality.

There were some other HD 1080p updates that when watching Bluray's I can really tell. I got home early today and threw in the last Bluray disc of PLANET EARTH and was blown away again...

Just my .02 cents.

P.S. Not on topic, but PS3 based. I don't know if anyone else out there has Yellow Dog Linux running on the PS3 but when I boot into the system through the Marantz SR8001 Receiver, I can't view video. At that point, I have to hook up the PS3 through Component, and reset HDMI, and just boot into the PS3. Not a big deal because we just got a fat Dell laptop with a built-in wireless broadband card which rocks... Though my wife took it over. :(
Anyway, something happens when the signal from the PS3 while booting into Linux gets sent through the Marantz receiver. I haven't perused the YDL boards yet, but didn't know if anyone else had this problem.

Nick

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis