j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not exactly issues, but I haven't really had problems with my Slim up until the other day when 4.00 came out. It was a rather long update and I was still using the PS3 after for a few hours for both Netflix and gaming. The next day however, when I initially logged in and went straight to Netflix, the PS3 froze completely. I restarted it and it came up with a "system did not shut down normally last time, do you want to do a 'restore'? " not unlike a Windows system. OK, that's new. It then spent about 5 min doing a "dskchk" kind of thing before starting up. Anyone else have something like this happen? Seems to be OK since then.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I always wait a couple weeks before updating mine in case there are any issues. With that being said, I haven't heard anything from my friends or read online about issues with 4.00, so hopefully your case was just an unrelated fluke.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I wanted to use Netflix though. This time, it wouldn't let me connect at all without performing this update, which it didn't do previously. On my other PS3, it tells me there's an update and that I can't log into PSN, but I could still use Netflix without performing the update. I tried to do that this time and it wouldn't work. Not an issue really, just an observation since I've never had a single problem with my Slim.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
No problems with either my slim or older fat PS3, but then again I haven't used the netflix app on their since upgrading to 4.00

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I updated to 4.0 without any global issues like that. I think it was right afterwards that Hulu Plus updated, and that wouldn't work without uninstalling and reinstalling.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Not exactly issues, but I haven't really had problems with my Slim up until the other day when 4.00 came out. It was a rather long update and I was still using the PS3 after for a few hours for both Netflix and gaming. The next day however, when I initially logged in and went straight to Netflix, the PS3 froze completely. I restarted it and it came up with a "system did not shut down normally last time, do you want to do a 'restore'? " not unlike a Windows system. OK, that's new. It then spent about 5 min doing a "dskchk" kind of thing before starting up. Anyone else have something like this happen? Seems to be OK since then.
I updated mine a couple of days ago, then the next time I used it, it wouldn't shut down. I pressed the power button multiple times but all I got was the "3 beep" warning sound. I finally gave up and unplugged the thing. I haven't used it since so I don't know if I'll get the "restore" message.

I'll be using it tonight though since there is a firmware update for my UMC-1. I'll let you know how it goes.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
My phat 80 seems fine so far. I don't do Netfix though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis