Projectors and reviews

P

Pidgin

It all started when I started looking for a projector.
I am looking for one that can connect to a PC as well as XBox/DVD/..
I figured that anything with native resolution that is less 1024x768 is no good for me since I work with the PC a lot and work in that resolusion (and don't want to switch to 800x600).
But that narrowed it very slightly.
So I said - I want one under US$2000.
That narrowed it a bit more but still, so many can be found under that price.
(I told myself - $1500 is good target, but I'm still looking at 2000 and below)

HOWEVER, when starting to read reviews about projectors in that range, I found it very hard to find a projector that is reviewed as GOOD.
It seems that no matter what projector I look up there are eiter NO REVIEWS at all, or very few when some are pretty negative.
For example, I looked at Optoma. 737 and 755/6 were two I looked at. the H series is too expensive since H30 is 800x600 and the H56 is above US$2000.
Those two looked good according to the specs but reviews said uniformity is not as good and the colors tend to be not too accurate.

I thought I would address you people, since it seems most of you speak from experience.
Which options do I have that you found good? Which brands and models? And what are the pros and cons of those projectors? How should I address the cons and should I take reviews seriously or just go to a projection room and if it looks good enough it should be good enough for me?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis