Projector prices to increase due to Trump's Tariff war with China?

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Any idea if prices are going to increase or if our beloved projectors are even made in China?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Lots of stuff made in China, and I expect the trade war to impact a lot of electronics pricing. Look for Korean products to start taking off I suppose.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Projector tariff numbers are included in the list for the punitive 25% duty (seems they're normally duty-free, see HTS 9007.20.20 and 9007.20.60)

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Going to hit us bad!! Everybody blaming Trump, corporate America is to blame they outsource, moved jobs overseas for higher profits. I'm almost sure speaker prices will be going up to just about everybody got Chinese building their speakers. Not to even mention gear

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe it’ll be made in Japan if China costs more. Haha. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are electronics built in other countries as well such as Malaysia, Vietnam, S.Korea, Taiwan etc....keep in mind this is a duty on the FOB or Ex-Factory value (depending on terms). So say a $200 projector at ex-factory pricing now has a 25% duty of $50....then add back in international freight costs, US import and distribution, markup etc and it's not a 25% increase on the product price, albeit a significant expense, it will become just another cost factor. As to who moved factories over, pretty much same crowd of saber rattlers that the drumpf represents.....heck the drumpf was one of 'em, he had his clothing (and his daughter as well) had their goods made in China and elsewhere....kinda hard to reverse the last 40 years or so of international business practices and politics due a change in heart by the republicans who very much participated in the whole thing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis