xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
I need your feedback on these models.

DLV1400-DX

DW30

I know it is a lot to ask. I like the DLV1400 for it's 3 chip DLP design. But it is only a 4:3 projector at 1400 x 1050. I am not too sure how that will work out with widescreen media (games, DVD, HD-DVD, BD-DVD)

The DW30 is 16:9 (1280x720) but it is only a single chip DLP design.

Does anyone have either of these models? I kind of doubt it, I have not seen anyone make a mention of these projectors.

I eventually want to go with a front projector. I have not had much time to research that part of a HT yet. But, I have an opportunity to get one of these models. I know there are a lot of people here that have experience in projectors and I would like to call upon them now to help me out.

Thanks.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You have an opportunity to buy a projector at any time you want to, so I would strongly caution you about rushing into things.

The first projector I would avoid. It likely isn't bad, but I would strongly bet that video processing and performance is not up to par with what a home theater projector will deliver. Likewise, I would think that the unit would be LOUD as most of the Chrstie projectors are designed more for business installations where ambient noise levels are high, so projectors can run louder. Finally, that Xenon lamp may have a $1,000+ replacement cost vs. standard HP lamps.

Likewise, the DW30 may go a good deal further for home theater quality, but I would be looking closely at the similarly priced competition and fitting it appropriately to my room setup. Also, I would be VERY seriously looking at the new 1080p projectors which can be had from certain manufacturers for similar pricing.

LCD vs. DLP is one thing - but high end DLP vs. cheaper DLP is another VERY serious consideration. Many people will tell you, and I tend to agree, that the cost of a $10,000+ DLP projector is rarely much better than the $1,500 LCD version of that machine, and is almost never much better than the $2,000 DLP projectors. So, I would slow way down, and plan carefully asking questions along the way.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis