Projector distance from screen

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
It seems like there is a range of distances to mount the projector (according to the manufacturers site). Does anyone know the pros/cons of the minimum distance vs. the max distance?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
SMM said:
It seems like there is a range of distances to mount the projector (according to the manufacturers site). Does anyone know the pros/cons of the minimum distance vs. the max distance?

With some projectors, the minimum distance will put more light, foot-Lamberts, on the screen. You want to have it at least the prescribed movie theater level, 16f-L. Bulbs usually age with time on them.
Minimum distance may also reduce interference from other surfaces like the back wall so cooling is more efficient and not recirculate the hot air blow-back to the projector.

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
In my case, the room is 22' in length and the recommended range is 10.5' to 13'. Should I go with somewhere in-between (say 12'?)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
SMM said:
In my case, the room is 22' in length and the recommended range is 10.5' to 13'. Should I go with somewhere in-between (say 12'?)

Boy, that is a small difference, 2.5 ft. Usually I have seen many feet between them.
Is there a reason why you may not want it at minimum distance? Is there a possibility for an upgrade in the relative near future? Will you have hard outlets up on the ceiling? If so, you may want to use it a bit further back where you suggested, and most likely will be good for the upgrade projector as well. I would recommend both HDMI and component video up there.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis