problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You use the term "libbies" a lot. You do know that the left dislikes liberals as much as the right, don't you?
Yeah, kinda like the 'wacko pubs' , both subspecies, the further they get from center are basically useless.......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The article certainly has a pearl-clutch-y tone, but that doesn't make it wrong. I don't see Brock's name anywhere in it.
Understood but one can the same for many a Fox news article and Murdoch.......

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Either? They want to do both.

The yearly US "Debt Ceiling" debacle is laughable and it should never have been created in the first place: Congress essentially refuses to pay the bills for expenses they've required the Administration to implement, by law.

>>>The debt ceiling does not constrain federal spending or the amount we need to borrow; it simply restricts the Treasury Department’s ability to honor financial commitments previously made by Congress and the President. Failure to set the debt ceiling at the level necessary to meet borrowing needs could jeopardize the full faith and credit of the United States by preventing the Treasury from paying the government’s bills. This could take the form of failing to pay interest on, or redeem, Treasury Bonds when due, or failing to make scheduled payments for vital programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, or veterans benefits. <<<

Everything you wrote points fingers at Congress,. not any particular party. Adding government handouts only contributes to the country's economic problems in bad times, which means most of the time since the economy's wheels fell off have been bad. Congress couldn't balance the budget if they had a cannon to their collective heads. The national debt has ballooned to more than 30 Trillion dollars, the workforce has been decimated, we're seeing the worst inflation in 40+ years and someone is saying the economy is just fine, using "inflation in other countries is worse" to say that our problems aren't so bad. Yeah, inflation is REALLY bad right now. He's also trying to make people believe that gas prices are down because of him, which is a load of BS.

BTW- Biden has voted to cut Social Security for more than 40 years. He's not a hero, he's a career politician who talks out of both sides of his a$$.

highfigh

highfigh

How much do you know about Fetterman ? I doubt you know much at all, regardless, someone living in a political dung hole like NY shouldn't talk too much about embarrassment ! How's your buddy Cuomo doing these days ?
Speaking of the Cuomos, I just saw that Chris is spewing videos on YouTube and elsewhere. How the eff dies anyone think he should be working?

highfigh

highfigh

LOL, Die-Hard GOP, again show me where I stated that ? I've voted against GOP candidates more times in this country that you have . You, like so many from both parties think that their respective parties are the only answer, you're FOS !
Trell has NEVER voted for anyone in the US- he lives in Sweden.

highfigh

highfigh

This is not about being conservative or liberal, but about defending liberal democracy and decency as well as law and order. You don’t care much about that, except in a perverted sense, just like so many others.
How, exactly, do the Democrats defend law and order, when THEY'RE the ones whose constituents want to defund the police, have open borders and give money to people who don't want to try much of anything in life, all at taxpayer expense?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
How, exactly, do the Democrats defend law and order, when THEY'RE the ones whose constituents want to defund the police, have open borders and give money to people who don't want to try much of anything in life, all at taxpayer expense?
Republican-controlled states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones: study (yahoo.com)
Criminologists say research shows higher rates of violent crime are found in areas that have low average education levels, high rates of poverty and relatively modest access to government assistance.
"Defund the police" is a meaningless phrase without context, as there are many interpretations of what it might look like. Law and order don't necessarily mean more police. It's far better to help keep people from falling into a life of crime than to fix them after they are broken. It may involve diverting funds from law enforcement to social supports. Poverty is a cycle and helping one generation financially can pay dividends when subsequent generations are able to get their feet under themselves.

Is "open borders" a Dem policy? Serious question.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Everything you wrote points fingers at Congress,. not any particular party. Adding government handouts only contributes to the country's economic problems in bad times, which means most of the time since the economy's wheels fell off have been bad. Congress couldn't balance the budget if they had a cannon to their collective heads. The national debt has ballooned to more than 30 Trillion dollars, the workforce has been decimated, we're seeing the worst inflation in 40+ years and someone is saying the economy is just fine, using "inflation in other countries is worse" to say that our problems aren't so bad. Yeah, inflation is REALLY bad right now. He's also trying to make people believe that gas prices are down because of him, which is a load of BS.

BTW- Biden has voted to cut Social Security for more than 40 years. He's not a hero, he's a career politician who talks out of both sides of his a$$.
I only wrote about the debt ceiling in the post of mine you quoted.....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Money wasted............

Just think of all $$$ flushed down the drain on lawyers and such. As I type this I'm trying to recall those immortal words spoken by Harry Chapin, I'll edit when they come to me ........
LOL if you believe that money is going to the law effort to overturn the election just makes me think you're one of those subscribers to automatic donations to drumphy. Just going to his personal use most likely. Grifters are what they are.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
LOL if you believe that money is going to the law effort to overturn the election just makes me think you're one of those subscribers to automatic donations to drumphy. Just going to his personal use most likely. Grifters are what they are.
I think he was saying that all the $$$ going to Trump is a waste. I know a rarity in conservative circles, but I think that's what he was implying.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It isn't secularism that scares me. We live in a world of human flaw. What scares me is religious moralistists who want to control society. Bad people wanting to control others with bad ideas. It's bad, but it makes sense to me because force is the only way to. But good people wanting to control every avenue of sin by force doesn't.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think he was saying that all the $$$ going to Trump is a waste. I know a rarity in conservative circles, but I think that's what he was implying.
I was thinking of the drumphy sales pitch for donations being for his legal efforts to overturn the election.....but yeah any money going to drumphy is a waste really except to foster the kind of bullshit he fosters. The money could well go to his lawyers the next few years, tho :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I was thinking of the drumphy sales pitch for donations being for his legal efforts to overturn the election.....but yeah any money going to drumphy is a waste really except to foster the kind of bullshit he fosters. The money could well go to his lawyers the next few years, tho :)
Two years ago the comments on YT: Oh no my dad just donated $500 to Trump's slush fund!!! :p

highfigh

highfigh

But who decides the push for EV?
Mostly, it's politicians with an agenda who want to say what they think people want to hear, environmentalists who don't understand that gas has very few good, affordable alternatives and people who make EV with a good grip on politicians' ears.

Again, I think alternative fuels are great and because I enjoy being in natural environments with clean water, land & air, I want the planet to be as clean as possible. I have serious problems with teenagers who decided they don't want to go to school telling whole continents how to live, what to use and that we're evil bastards if we don't listen to her. I also have a problem with people in other countries telling the US to create less pollution without knowing how much the US has done to reduce it when places like China, Russia & India belch out more pollution than the US has since the '50s (remember the photos of people in China wearing masks 15 years ago because of the terrible air pollution?) and South/Central American countries that are still clear-cutting the rain forest (although they're not cutting as much, now).

I want someone to determine the amount of Carbon that could have been removed form the atmosphere if the rain forests hadn't been cleared.

highfigh

highfigh

Republican-controlled states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones: study (yahoo.com)

"Defund the police" is a meaningless phrase without context, as there are many interpretations of what it might look like. Law and order don't necessarily mean more police. It's far better to help keep people from falling into a life of crime than to fix them after they are broken. It may involve diverting funds from law enforcement to social supports. Poverty is a cycle and helping one generation financially can pay dividends when subsequent generations are able to get their feet under themselves.

Is "open borders" a Dem policy? Serious question.
It's not about the states, it's the cities that are run by Democrats where the shyte's hitting the fan. I can't think of a single Democrat Mayor who has done anything substantial about the crime. Lori Lightfoot? GMAB!

If it's so meaningless, why do protesters use it as if it's one of the only phrases they know? Look at the cities that have reduced police presence and activity- they're now asking for more police. ALL of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis