Problems with Republicans II

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Now do one on the Democrats!

I've come across this one a few times now with Republicans. They'll tell you the left needs to do one on the left. Not the right needs to do one on the left. Is there anything more lazy and defeatist? I remember the time when someone I believe here was clutching a pearl because CNN did a negative piece on a Democrat. They'll tell you the media is slanted and is fake news while having Tucker, Jones, Hannity etc on the right. Wow, I feel so bad for you. :rolleyes: Someone had the talent and put in the time and effort. Even a comedy skit like Trump Jr's cocaine news. Now do one on the Democrats! I can see the faces on Mt Rushmore falling off. :confused:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I remember the time I think it was Fox & Friends had three plaques on the wall. One of them was Thomas Sowell. Not some poignant or uplifting quote of his. Something short but that really hits home the Republic. No just his name. Then they played another crappy country song in the background. That's the conservative media. Throw in a truck, or a military band, or a country song. No quotes from the Founders. Call it a day. :confused:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
capitalism
small govt

Silly, the answer is owning the libs, and more lies & conspiracies. Therefore they stand for nothing. And have no ideas. Or specifics. Nor distinctions between themselves and the Democrats. The words crossed out above are not even in the Republican vocabulary that I'm aware of.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I actually think the conspiracy is what Republican voters want. Of course there are some people that believe in them, but I also think quite a few of them know it isn't true and want it anyways. I don't think it's just the new generation but the old guard that want it too. And they don't value journalism because they resent the left and view it as a leftist field. Or they might want the left to report it for them. There might be a strategy involved with that. I'm not sure. I think mostly it's keep pumping out the lies. I've heard now and then it's an "algorithm" problem on YT, but I think the reason there isn't a conservative "voice" is because of their own doing quite a bit. Their argument hinges on the left control the schools and universities and news, but I think there is something internally wrong with the inability to sell conservatism, since it's this vague, non-descript thing. Not this make believe "centrist" journalism in a two-party system, but "real" stories on policy and whatnot against the left I don't really believe there's a market for with conservatives. Generally speaking the left have enough sense to not behave like that in front of the mic (or do it in private). The right live for the dumpster and celebrate it. But the price is they have nothing to say. So what I believe you have is for as far reaching the www, conservatives don't really have anything to say nor can really participate in much because their own media is so unreliable. I imagine you could more or less say that on the left, but I do believe they have a certain amount of behavior, decorum, professionalism, and some journalism. In other words, the left tell the truth about the right because there's already a readymade supply of lies to choose from. The right don't even bother and make up more stuff.

I wouldn't want to say the left don't lie, but it's my view the right lie even more. And they sorta want that tabloidy, Nat'l Inquirer styled news.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I might also suggest the reason I believe conservatives don't have a voice on the web is because so much of their media is built around the Big Lie. They can't participate because they either don't have confidence in their own media and/or know it will be debunked. You can't really sustain a debate or cite sources if you do not believe in some level of journalism truth. Partisan journalism, but if it's factual.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe Swerd was correct. One source cited Newt in '94 as the start of the conspiracy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1. The left are anti-American.
2. Then proceed to push Russian propaganda and Holocaust denial.
3. The left are anti-American. ;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
When Kamala and Walz said they want to tax the wealthy, that was an opportunity for Trump and the Republicans to jump in and say if you tax them more they either end up closing shop or pass along the increase to the consumer. I suspect they didn't do that and pursued other things like Haitians eating pets. I'm also not sure Republican [voters] even care. :(

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Conservative--- please just get rid of the word. The conservative media are not good advocates for much of anything. Conservative is reactionary to liberal change. It also *sounds* old compared to liberal, and trying to sell that to the young..... Just get rid of it and call yourselves Republicans or limted gov't capitalists. The latter isn't even mentioned. Nearly never. The word conservative is old, tired, and has no energy. Much of conservative media is also dead of ideas. Take the word and toss it in the trash. Get rid of it and call yourselves Republicans. :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis