Problems with coax port Yamaha RX-V520

J

jeffrok

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hello, new here, so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong group.. &nbsp;

I have had a Yamaha RX-V520 receiver for about 9 months, and just recently noticed that my Time Warner channels digital channels are not sending digital audio to my receiver!

Here's the way I have it hooked up and set up:

Analog L/R on Cable Box to Digital Cable L/R on Receiver
Digital Audio Coax on Cable Box to Digital Coax Audio on Receiver

The Yamaha RX-V520 allows you to assign the Digital Inputs to go with any of the Analog equivelants (in my case this works well because my cable box has ONLY a digital coax and no digital optical, so I had to reassign the port). &nbsp;In the menu settings for the Yamaha RX-V520, the default setting for the Coax Digital audio is the CD Player, but I made sure to change it to Digital Cable. &nbsp;

The RX-V520 automatically detects which ports (analog or digital) to get sound from, and digital has priority if a signal is present.

Up until who knows how long ago, I was receiving my digital cable stations in digital audio, not analog. &nbsp;I knew this, because when I first bought the receiver, I didn't have any analog cables, and thus my analog audio channels had no sound, while my digital audio channels did. &nbsp; But now, I get no indications that I am receiving digital audio (no &quot;Dolby Digital&quot; on my Yamaha screen, and when I disconnect the analog cables from the receiver, I get no sound with just the digital coax plugged in). &nbsp;

I verified that the input is set to D-TV Auto and not D-TV Analog. &nbsp;I've tried a new Digital Coax cable, I've tried a new cable box. &nbsp;I have not yet tried new cable tv coax cables (the 75 ohm or whatever they are, antenna cables) and I have not tried to have the Yamaha receiver serviced.

What are the odds that the Digital Coax input jack are bad on the Yamaha receiver? &nbsp;I treat my receiver with care, and with the exception of the first week I owned it, have it in a well ventilated area. &nbsp;Are there any &quot;secret&quot; diagnostics I can run on this receiver to tell if this jack is live or dead? &nbsp;Or, is there a tester I can buy?

I really don't want to disconnect all 20 or so cables from this thing if I don't have to in order to get it fixed (if it's really not broken).. &nbsp;Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks,
Jeff

I</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis