Problems with blue jean cables?

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
I got a 1694 rf type to run to my motorola cable box from the wall and it would not work. Had comcast send a signal to box to jumpstart but still no luck. Then replaced with comcast supplied coax and it worked fine. Any ideas? And i now some answers would be to just use the comcast provided cable, but it is way to long and i am trying to clean up behing my tv. Also, comcast told me if a ran the coax through my tripp lite dbs that it would disrupt the picture. Has anyone had any problems with this?
Thanks

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
I hooked up the cable straight from the wall to the tv and it works fine, just not through the box. Weird? Called blue jeans and their not sure either, though very nice and willing to return no problem.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
ptabib said:
I hooked up the cable straight from the wall to the tv and it works fine, just not through the box. Weird? Called blue jeans and their not sure either, though very nice and willing to return no problem.
If it works from the wall, it is not the cable at fault.May want to compare the connector of th ecomcast and bluejeans cable. Maybe the center wire is a bit shorter on the bluejeans that is fine for the wall but not the cable box?
Also check to make sure there is no film on the center cable on the bluejeans. Some coax has a film that is removed during cable prepping and this may have not been done?

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
I guess i am just going to return the cables. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis