Pro Amp suggestions

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
Looking for an amp I can drive dual Ultimax 18's with. Sealed Enclosure. Want to run 2 channel unless there's a compelling reason to run Mono. Would like to keep the cost to drive both subs (stereo or mono) below $800.
Running XT32 but am looking forward to learning about and using more robust software with higher quality mic

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
iNuke NU/NX6000 (DSP version if you don’t already have a form of DSP)

Another good one that is much quieter is the Crown XLS line.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'd grab a Crown XLS 2502. Been running my 1502 for over a year with no issues. Super quiet and reliable.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Looking for an amp I can drive dual Ultimax 18's with. Sealed Enclosure. Want to run 2 channel unless there's a compelling reason to run Mono. Would like to keep the cost to drive both subs (stereo or mono) below $800.
Running XT32 but am looking forward to learning about and using more robust software with higher quality mic
What would be feeding the signal to it? Pro amps aren't the same as consumer amps and not all consumer equipment is a good front end for pro amps.

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
What would be feeding the signal to it? Pro amps aren't the same as consumer amps and not all consumer equipment is a good front end for pro amps.
i have an AVR-X4400H, but depending on the amp, I might by something like a miniDSP

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
I'm leaning towards a Crown XLS 2502 (the damn fan noise on the Behringers!) to handle a pair- 775wpc at 4 Ohms. I figure if the sub lives around 6 Ohms, as I've read, then ~550wpc ought to be sufficient. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I ran a Yamaha p7000s amp with a pair of Danley DTS10s, sounded great, and NO fan noise at all.

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
I ran a Yamaha p7000s amp with a pair of Danley DTS10s, sounded great, and NO fan noise at all.
I saw the Yamaha PX10 and an intrigued by it. I'll look up the p7000s. I'm guessing it's class AB?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis