Prices of Paradigm Speakers

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
I have been checking prices of used Paradigm speakers recently and looks like the prices have declined sharply. Studio 60 v3 or v4 are in the range of $700-850 while Studio 20 are within $400 to $500 in ebay and Audiogon. Is this normal for used speakers at this stage of life cycle or Paradigm is no longer as sought after as they used to in the past? For the record, I sold my Studio v4 recently at $850 locally in NJ and eagerly waiting for Ascend Sierra Tower. Any thoughts?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have been checking prices of used Paradigm speakers recently and looks like the prices have declined sharply. Studio 60 v3 or v4 are in the range of $700-850 while Studio 20 are within $400 to $500 in ebay and Audiogon. Is this normal for used speakers at this stage of life cycle or Paradigm is no longer as sought after as they used to in the past? For the record, I sold my Studio v4 recently at $850 locally in NJ and eagerly waiting for Ascend Sierra Tower. Any thoughts?
I have seen a set of brand new Paradigim Studio 20 v.5's for $1k w/free shipping. Was very tempted to jump on that. However, have gone in a different direction altogether. Even had the chance to get a set of the S2's w/ the BE tweeter at a good price. Very happy with my choice. Should have my new speakers soon!

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Could be that the Paradigms Studio Series are no longer in production. I sold my 60v3 a while back for 950, I only paid 1350 and I had them for like 6-7 years.

I had the Studio 100v5s I sold those for much greater discount than I expected. I paid 2900, sold for 2350 2 years later. I sold my CC690 for 1100 when I only paid 1200, so no complaints there :)

Last edited:
T

Thunder240

Audioholic Intern
I was told by a Paradigm dealer that the Prestige line has taken over the position previously occupied by the Studio line. I'm not sure if that means the Studios have been discontinued or simply nudged downward, but either way, that should explain much of the price drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Congrats on the new towers. :cool:
Did you go with the RAAL upgrade?
Either way, I think you will be very happy with Ascends over the Paradigm. ;)

F

FIqbal

Audioholic Intern
Congrats on the new towers. :cool:
Did you go with the RAAL upgrade?
Either way, I think you will be very happy with Ascends over the Paradigm. ;)
Yes, I ordered the tower and center with RAAL upgrade. Although it was over my budget but the reviews for RAAL seemed to worth the price. I did not hear Ascend, but did a demo for Monitor Audio Gold series with same kind of tweeter and they sounded excellent. Hopefully no more upgrades after Ascend.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Excellent choice on the RAALs, IMO they are worth the added cost.
Let us know what you think once you get them.

fireballmivecbenzmerc

fireballmivecbenzmerc

Audiophyte
Prices in US or Canada are so cheap compared to those in Singapore and Malaysia. I bought a Paradigm Signature Subwoofer for US4.5k 5 years ago. Singapore dealer are charging US12k now.
How can the mark up be so much. I am thinking of ordering the PSA T18 (only US3k). I love another Paradigm signature subwoofer but the mark up is pissing me off. Thanks.
Paradigm Reference Signature Sub 1 inside s.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis