power strip/filter/conditioner? W Audio W-3900.

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
You don't make sense, either you have something valid to say on this point or not. Have it your way. I'll take it you have no valid point until you make one.
Simply do a Google search "can low voltage damage electronic equipment".

L

LJR3000

Audiophyte
So I’d actually purchase the W Audio W-3900 after watching that now deleted Zero Fidelity review.

What made me want to give it a shot was Sean at Zero Fidelity out of the gate did not seem to want to like this product.

But as he said himself when he plugged his integrated amp & cd player into the power strip he heard an improvement in the sound of his system.

Even ending the video on a note of still being perplexed with his findings and somehow maybe not wanting to still except his own results.

So I purchased a W Audio W-3900 & Pangea Audio AC-9SE MkII power cord like Sean was using in his review. Just to give it a shot for myself.

And I have to say in my system my findings we’re almost identical to what Sean was reporting in his video.

The improvements were definite enough that there was no need to A/B the situation. And I had always been one to plug everything directly into the wall if at all possible.

Also I paid less than $200 (about $160 shipped via eBay)

i’m sure if you want to spend a lot more money there are other even more effective units out there.

But if you were operating on a budget like myself. This unit is well worth giving a try.

And I have found that trying things out for myself always tends to yield the best results in the end.

And when I find that I don’t like some thing, there’s usually a 30 day return option.

But I still use the W Audio W-3900 with Pangea Audio AC-9SE MkII to this day for the improvement it’s brought to my system... and the extra outlets!

E

Enzo

Audiophyte
A power strip/filter/conditioner for $200? Advertised as "high-end audio grade"? Run away! A few other lines in that so-called review should set off alarm bells, warning you to stay away.
A $100 vacuum tube in a $16,500 phono stage pre-amp!!
More nonsense, enough alarm bells for 3 fire houses to respond!!!

It is ironic that fancy stuff like this is associated with high-end audio gear, when it can be argued that the cheaply designed, mass-marketed stuff should need it the most. If the power supply in an amp, receiver, etc. is well-designed, fancy power cords, outlets and power conditioners shouldn't matter much.

You don't need hospital grade outlets, spend $2.50 on a better quality outlet from Home Depot instead of the cheap 49¢ outlet, just so it is well-built and provides a good, reliable connection. Spend $50 on a good power strip with an EMI filter to protect your equipment, and you'll have most of the benefit you need.

Better yet, get a UPS power supply, as Paul DS said above.
WA (Warm Audio) makes a decent product. Their large and small condenser microphones are great quality. They make great microphone preamps also. I was going to pull the trigger on the WA-87, which is a large diaphragm condenser microphone, with a sputtered gold element for $900.00. Its basically a Nueman U-87, without the $3,500.00 price tag. The only reason I didn't buy it is, I need a microphone that has more versatility. I cant mic up a guitar cabinet with wa 87 because they're to sensitive. So I settled for a Shure SM-7B. But I do plan on buying the WA-87 if I dont like my vocals from the Shure. Reason I mention this is because, I just ordered the WA 3900 power conditioner for my high gain Marshall tube amp, which is very sensitive to dirty power, even with high end preamp, and power tubes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis