Power conditioner with Battery Backup

T

Tyreman

Audioholic Intern
Has anybody any experience with the APC AV Black J Type 1kVA Power Conditioner with Battery Backup 120V Retail

Would be used with Panny plasma, Yamaha reciver, HD cable box.

Or is one just as far ahead to get something like a CyberPower 1500 with a sine wave output?

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Has anybody any experience with the APC AV Black J Type 1kVA Power Conditioner with Battery Backup 120V Retail

Would be used with Panny plasma, Yamaha reciver, HD cable box.

Or is one just as far ahead to get something like a CyberPower 1500 with a sine wave output?
I have a cyberpower and an APC S15. You really should verify you actually need one in the first place. Based on what you said you're using it for a battery backup really isn't necessary and the power conditioning part is really situational. If you can hook everything up and not hear any noise through the tweeters then you probably don't need a power conditioner either.

That being said I do prefer my APC over the cyber power, at least as far as HT goes. I did have some noise through the tweeters and plugging everything into the APC made it nearly dead silent. I also have a behringer DEQ 2496 so I was able to see exactly what difference the APC made as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tyreman

Audioholic Intern
Thanks ..............about what I figured but thought I would ask.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis