Potentially Stolen Paradigm Tribute 30th Anniversary Speakers

visionik

visionik

Audiophyte
Hi All -

I am the very fortunate owner of a pair of Paradigm Tribute 30th Anniversary speakers - they are at our property in California. I love them. Just beautiful. I have been searching for a second pair of these speakers for almost three years now for our home in Florida.

I finally found a second pair a few weeks ago via eBay in Germany. The speakers were listed including the "make an offer" feature on eBay. I made an offer and we agreed on the price. The final price was just about right for what they are.

I have eagerly been awaiting the arrival of these speakers for the last two weeks as they shipped from Germany to the US.

Unfortunately, their are two big problems:

1. The speakers are missing parts (plinths) and were damaged (snapped terminals), perhaps in shipping.

2. More significantly: All serial numbers I can find have been removed from the speakers. They were shipped in original Paradigm boxes, but the serial numbers were removed from both the boxes and from the backs of the speakers.

So in short, their is a good chance they were stolen.

I believe only 200 pairs of these speakers were made. I know it's remote, but I thought I'd ask - does anyone know of a pair of stolen Tributes in Europe? I am filing police reports in the US and Germany, and would like to get these back to the rightful owner if at all possible.

Best,

-Visionik

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Good Man.

It may be difficult to track down the original owners. Definitely contact Paradigm, and ask around on the boards at AudioGon. There are a lot of wheeler dealers there that may have heard something "through the grapevine".

DJ

M

Mph08

Enthusiast
Hi there I also gave a set of the Anavesery speakers and was wondering your set up as I'd like to turn my 2.0 set up to maybe 3.1 or try get a bit more out my system. Are you interested in chatting ? I will also post an help set up post in coming days.
Cheers

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hi there I also gave a set of the Anavesery speakers and was wondering your set up as I'd like to turn my 2.0 set up to maybe 3.1 or try get a bit more out my system. Are you interested in chatting ? I will also post an help set up post in coming days.
Cheers
Original post was from back in early 2017, so I'd say a response is unlikely, but you can post your question here and likely get some help.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
sounds like some kind of bait & switch scam going on, using eBay as middle-man. Just my 2 cents.....:rolleyes:

M

Mph08

Enthusiast
Original post was from back in early 2017, so I'd say a response is unlikely, but you can post your question here and likely get some help.
Ok Thanks J
ok thanks j_garcia iv made a post of beginners sections if your interested in helping

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis