Portable Headphones

P

pupuplader

Audioholic Intern
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, maybe you all could help me out though.

I have had a pair of Sennheiser PX100 that I use on the bus; however the connection at the jack has started to short out. I have not looked at headphones in quite a while and was hoping for some advice.

I was looking at spending 30 or less. I cant stand ear buds at all.

Any ideas?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, maybe you all could help me out though.

I have had a pair of Sennheiser PX100 that I use on the bus; however the connection at the jack has started to short out. I have not looked at headphones in quite a while and was hoping for some advice.

Any ideas?
Have you ruled out the 3.5mm input on your source/portable device as a possible culprit? If you have some stock ear buds laying around try them on the player and see if they cut out. Otherwise these would be excellent choices for under $30 and also very portable.

Koss KSC75 (clip-on)
Koss PortaPro (full size)

P

pupuplader

Audioholic Intern
Yeah its definitely a short right before the jack. If I twist it around a bit I can get sound back.

Ill go take a look at the Koss. Thanks

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah its definitely a short right before the jack. If I twist it around a bit I can get sound back.

Ill go take a look at the Koss. Thanks
No problem. You should be able to yield plenty of feedback about these two products through web searches. I'm sure you will come across other suggestions as well.

Happy listening!

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Have you ruled out the 3.5mm input on your source/portable device as a possible culprit? If you have some stock ear buds laying around try them on the player and see if they cut out. Otherwise these would be excellent choices for under $30 and also very portable.

Koss KSC75 (clip-on)
Koss PortaPro (full size)
I can vouch for both of these Koss models as good values in portable headphones; they sound really good for the price. The KSC75 I found to be not very robust (I guess I tend to abuse my portable 'phones).

Neither do a good job of blocking out sound, but if you don't want to use in-ear phones, most portable models won't.

The Sennheiser PX100 that you have get some pretty good word of mouth, too; I've never tried a pair but I've been curious to try them out.

P

pupuplader

Audioholic Intern
Any ear buds that I have ever tried hurt my ears after about 5mins.

The px100's are great, nice and compact. I might go with another pair of them, but the PortaPro's are quite tempting.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Up your budget and pick up a Grado SR60i or maybe the newer cheaper iGrados. That's the entry point for truly good quality sound.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Any ideas?
If you like the phones, cut off the plug and the last inch of wire, and solder on a new plug: cheap and easy.

P

pupuplader

Audioholic Intern
I listen to podcasts most of the time so something light and small that folds up is what I am looking for.

I actually did re-soldered them and they work like a charm. I was just curious what my other options where.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis