Poll: Most important part of a system?

Most important part of an Audo/HT system?

• Reciever/Preamp

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Amplifier/Wattage

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Cables/Interconnects

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Speakers/Subwoofer

Votes: 75 69.4%
  • Room/Acoustic Treatment

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Power Conditioner

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

aarond

Full Audioholic
I agree with jase
a bad cd is going to sound bad no matter what its played on
next speakers
imho a $500 amp with $3k speakers will sound way better
than $500 speakers with a $3k amp

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
Yeah, now that you mention it, the biggest impact on whether the music coming out of your system sounds good or not, is the quality of the playing/singing of the artist(s).

Good music, poorly reproduced is still more enjoyable than bad music, excellently reproduced. (But of course, good music, excellently reproduced, is the goal.)

Continuing in a smart-aleck vein, I think that the most critical component is the clamp that is used to solidly hold the record down to the turntable. Or, for the digitally-minded, it is the transport used to rotate the CD/DVD at precise speed.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Speakers are the voice of the system. You can have top of the line seceiver/pre-amp/amp/processors/ect. and have crap speakers, and guess what?? It'll sound like crap.

Paul

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
baldbear said:
Wow,

I would have to say Amp over Speakers. What good are speakers if you have a cheap Amp. A good Amp can make cheap speakers perform, however a cheap Amp won't do anything for a great pair of speakers.
I disagree completely. No amp can make a cheapo pair of speakers become something they aren't, but as long as the amp isn't underpowered, good speakers will always sound good.

My vote goes for speakers, they are the last stop before your ears.

annunaki

annunaki

My vote is for speakers as well. They make the biggest difference in a system if they are changed or taken away. :) Speaker placement should be part of the speakers choice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis