Polk S15 vs older Energy C1?

M

Michael VanBuskirk

Audiophyte
Hi everyone.
I have a pair of Polk S15s on back order from Crutchfield as they were on sale yesterday for half price which was $125 delivered so I purchased them.
My brother called and said he has some Energy C1s if I wanted them and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the C1's in comparison to the S15 if you have heard them?

Thank you

G

Geek4Life_

Audiophyte
I owned Energy C8’s and I loved them. They are super neutral and were a quality set of speakers.

I think you would like them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't heard either but the C-1s would be my choice.

M

Michael VanBuskirk

Audiophyte
Thanks guys. I didn't bring the C-1s home but I can go get them anytime I want to compare. My Polk S15s will be here on Friday November 6th from Crutchfield.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hi everyone.
I have a pair of Polk S15s on back order from Crutchfield as they were on sale yesterday for half price which was $125 delivered so I purchased them.
My brother called and said he has some Energy C1s if I wanted them and I was wondering if anyone could comment on the C1's in comparison to the S15 if you have heard them?

Thank you
So you paid half price for the T15's? If so, cause in my opinion that's about what they are worth full retail no. Between the two from what I have read up on the Energy C1 seems to be the better of the two. i say that only because looks like the Energy C1 has a much better build to them, driver's are "Aluminum" type of material used. I have a pair of the Polk T15's, they are used as a surround I paid umm about 65 bucks new a few years ago. They are good, Not great, they lack inner detail I say that only because I did try them out full range just to see topend isn't that good very laid back sound midrange ok at best. Built good but nothing special about them. If someone was to use a pair of the T15's with a lil Sub so they would have better sound from TV speakers yeah would definitely be an improvement for sure. Don't know what price you could pay for those Energy C1's? but to use in a small setup for music would more than likely be the better of the two.

M

Michael VanBuskirk

Audiophyte
So you paid half price for the T15's? If so, cause in my opinion that's about what they are worth full retail no. Between the two from what I have read up on the Energy C1 seems to be the better of the two. i say that only because looks like the Energy C1 has a much better build to them, driver's are "Aluminum" type of material used. I have a pair of the Polk T15's, they are used as a surround I paid umm about 65 bucks new a few years ago. They are good, Not great, they lack inner detail I say that only because I did try them out full range just to see topend isn't that good very laid back sound midrange ok at best. Built good but nothing special about them. If someone was to use a pair of the T15's with a lil Sub so they would have better sound from TV speakers yeah would definitely be an improvement for sure. Don't know what price you could pay for those Energy C1's? but to use in a small setup for music would more than likely be the better of the two.
They are Polk Audio S15s not the cheap T15s.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
i would try the c1's .. i assume you could try for free .. and if you like them grab them , the polks are an entry level (even if pretty good entry level) product, they aren't anything special in the grand scheme.. you might end up liking them , but my bet would be the c1's are every bit as good.. probably a bit better... but it's about your ears, hearing both would be ideal , in a perfect world...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
On my bad, than yes those are Much better! I had a pair of those they are nice. I was up late and miss read. But yeah I believe you'll like those they have a very nice midrange and topend. Paired with a good Sub they hit lower than I expected and clean output with nice detail. Very good with female voices also.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis