Polk RC80i vs Monoprice Alpha 8" angled - For Atmos

M

Mike_s

Enthusiast
Looking at a pair of either one of these for Atmos. A lovely post by TLS Guy on his new in-ceiling speakers, unfortunately cannot go that route.

1. Polk Audio RC80i
2. Monoprice Alpha 8 inch 15 degree

Since the RC80i is not angled, I would be making an angled box to get the best aim towards MLP.

Monoprice with its angle and flush finish is very convenient and definitely would look better compared to the Polks jutting out in their angled boxes.

These are easily available and within my budget. Ideally I would love to have MA in ceilings but went way overboard already with the LCR.

I have not heard any of these so don't have a clue. I am also open to other suggestions under 300 USD per pair.

Thanks and Stay safe.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Looking at a pair of either one of these for Atmos. A lovely post by TLS Guy on his new in-ceiling speakers, unfortunately cannot go that route.

1. Polk Audio RC80i
2. Monoprice Alpha 8 inch 15 degree

Since the RC80i is not angled, I would be making an angled box to get the best aim towards MLP.

Monoprice with its angle and flush finish is very convenient and definitely would look better compared to the Polks jutting out in their angled boxes.

These are easily available and within my budget. Ideally I would love to have MA in ceilings but went way overboard already with the LCR.

I have not heard any of these so don't have a clue. I am also open to other suggestions under 300 USD per pair.

Thanks and Stay safe.
Interesting.
I have a pair of rc85i in an IC location and they’re pretty darn good. Especially for the money. I think the monoprice are a good cheaper option and angled makes them easier to deal with.
I personally used RSL c34e’s in my Atmos install. They have a 15° baffle and can easily be turned toward the LP. They’re 125ea but I’ve been super happy with them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis