Polk PSW10 Monitor subwoofer...

J

juchelka

Audiophyte
I am planning to build a modest HT/audio system using Yamaha rxv650 a/v receiver, Polk Monitor 40 bookshelf speakers on 24" stands as my main speakers and above mentioned subwoofer (to begin with - I plan to add additional speakers later...) together with 26" LCD HDTV monitor and PS DVD player. The Monitor speakers and sub are their latest/current 2004 models.

While reviewing speaker specs I was surprised to learn, that the Polk's subwoofer is not magnetically shielded... I know that magnetic pollution should not be an issue at all with LCD and plasma monitors, but how about the rest of the equipment???

Also, my room is quite large - what are the symptoms of sub too small for any given space?

speaker FR = 47Hz - 25 kHz
sub FR = 35Hz - 200Hz, dynamic power output 100 watts, power output (CAO) 50 watts...

Thanks for any 'input' ;) ...

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
juchelka said:

While reviewing speaker specs I was surprised to learn, that the Polk's subwoofer is not magnetically shielded...

It's difficult if not impossible to magnetically shield a subwoofer on account of the fact that they tend to have huge magnets. Just keep the sub several feet away from the tv and everything will be fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis