Polk Lsi and Yamaha Rx V2400

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
I have a yamaha RX V2400 and am considering the Polk Lsi speakers for a 5.1 setup. Does anyone have experience with this combination or know if the 4 ohm speakers will cause a problem?

Thanks

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
The Polk LSI is a nice home theater piece. I took the opportunity to give them a listen at HE2002, and was impressed, but the demo was a movie and not music.

Might I suggest that you give Definitive, Paradigm, or B&W a listen. All are very laid back speakers which are great for any type of source material.

~Bob

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
PSU80 said:
I have a yamaha RX V2400 and am considering the Polk Lsi speakers for a 5.1 setup. Does anyone have experience with this combination or know if the 4 ohm speakers will cause a problem?

Thanks
My Denon AVR 2805 is having no problems with my Polk LSi 5.1 system at slightly less than ear bleed levels.

Polk LSi 9's, 7's and Center.

The 15's might take a weeeee bit more power ..... IF

you are using them in a big room
and
you don't have a sub

Otherwise, I doubt the Yammy would have a problem with these speakers.

20to20K

Full Audioholic
sjdgpt said:
My Denon AVR 2805 is having no problems with my Polk LSi 5.1 system at slightly less than ear bleed levels.

Polk LSi 9's, 7's and Center.

The 15's might take a weeeee bit more power ..... IF

you are using them in a big room
and
you don't have a sub

Otherwise, I doubt the Yammy would have a problem with these speakers.
I HAVE the LSi15's and a larger room (basement) and I found my 3805 could drive them well enough...but I thought I could notice hints of distortion at
extremely high listening levels. Since I've gotten my 2 channel amp for them I've had no problems. I think it depends on how which LSi's your considering, how loud you like your music and the size of you listening area.

LSi 9's in a smaller room would probably be fine with a 3805/2500 OR the 2805/2400 level receiver.

I only use my sub for movies...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis