Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Polk Audio released their MagniFi Mini soundbar and wireless sub at CEDIA in Dallas, Texas. For $299 you get a great sounding mini soundbar and a wireless subwoofer. The new system features Polk’s patented Voice Adjust technology, which is designed to emphasize vocals, independent of program material and volume level.

Is this the soundbar deal of the year? Read on to find out.

Read: Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer Preview

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Polk Audio released their MagniFi Mini soundbar and wireless sub at CEDIA in Dallas, Texas. For $299 you get a great sounding mini soundbar and a wireless subwoofer. The new system features Polk’s patented Voice Adjust technology, which is designed to emphasize vocals, independent of program material and volume level.

Is this the soundbar deal of the year? Read on to find out.

Read: Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer Preview
I had a Polk sound bar and wireless bass module at one time, a SurroundBar 3000 if I recall correctly. I handed it down to my in-laws, and they're thoroughly pleased with it. It's not audiophile; but once a proper level balance between bass cube and sound bar is set, the sound is profoundly better than built-in TV speakers. One of the sound bar's best features is its ability to learn IR codes from my in-laws' existing Xfinity remote. Their sound bar has learned to power off and on along with the television, and it responds to the television's IR codes for volume up, down, and mute.

Occasionally, maybe once a month or so, the bass module would lose its sanity and start rumbling like a lawn mower. But power cycling the sound bar sorts it out. Unknown whether the reason for loss of sync is due to wireless signal pollution or just crappy Chinese electronics.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis