Pls Help Regarding Pioneer DV366

A

abeldesai

Audiophyte
:( I have Pioneer DV366 DVD player which i use on ordinary tv set with stereo AV IN jack.

Could some tell how can I enjoy dolby/dts sound? do i have to buy a separate AV reciever? can some one please suggest :(

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Yes, unfortunately to get the real benefits of DTS/DD, you'll need a receiver & 5 speakers, and you should have a subwoofer, too. The good new is you can get a serviceable DD/DTS receiver for a couple hundred bucks. Of course, then you'll need some more speakers.

Hey, don't look upon it as a problems, see it as an opportunity! :D

A

abeldesai

Audiophyte
thanks a lot

you are wonderful...
I am in India. Could you kindly suggest affordable brand for reciever and 5.1 spkr. if possible pls suggest price range. :)

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Hmmm...well, you'll have to suggest a price range. I have ideas for systems from $500 to $1.5 million! But I suspect you'll fit that range! :D Let us know your needs & budget in as much detail as you can, and I guarentee you'll have more advice that you can stand! ;)

A

abeldesai

Audiophyte
thanks again

Well, i am a poor chap, having hall of 10 X 12 fts. In fact I do not expect 1000 watts full volume sound as my 10 month old daughter always needs a reason to wakeup. What i need is dolby effects on 5.1 spkr system. My current tv has 350 watts sound output which is more than enough for me. What I need is those right - left - front - back effects :) So I shall be happy with the minimum setup (atleast for now). Also I am just beginner in this interest.
I appreciate for your patience.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis