Plex = no surround sound

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I just started using the Plex app. I noticEd that while watching movies my Denon shows five speakers and two subs playing, in reality there is no sound coming from the rear speakers anyone heard of this before?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I just started using the Plex app. I noticEd that while watching movies my Denon shows five speakers and two subs playing, in reality there is no sound coming from the rear speakers anyone heard of this before?
Depends on a lot of things. Plex should be set to pass-through on the audio side. Should be that simple as long as whatever device Plex is on doesn't have some sort of audio setting that converts everything to 5.1.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I can think of several things. Was anything coming out of the center? Was it just a difference from your seat or did you put your ears up to the surrounds? What sound mode was your avr in? What was the content's format particularly? Do you have your surrounds plugged into rear surround terminals?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Thanks guys, I am using Plex app through the television. Sound was coming out of the front three speakers only. I checked the rears. Mode is tv audio DTS Neural.
i just loaded HBO Max, surrounds work , but volume output is much lower than Directv.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks guys, I am using Plex app through the television. Sound was coming out of the front three speakers only. I checked the rears. Mode is tv audio DTS Neural.
i just loaded HBO Max, surrounds work , but volume output is much lower than Directv.
Sure about it coming out the center and not the surrounds? Odd that would happen....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Could be the content you were playing. It may not have had more than two or three channels. Some sources can be weird like that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Could be the content you were playing. It may not have had more than two or three channels. Some sources can be weird like that.
But if you're upmixing whatever it is with DTS Neural....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's just what the TV says it supports, who knows what signal is actually being output.
LOL sorry, missed the tv audio thing, was thinking avr/pre-pro.....yep hard to know with tv audio.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis