Please recommend a Blu-ray player under $100

P

php111

Junior Audioholic
I currently have the Sony BDPS3200. I mean it is ok but it is not great.

I noticed a few times that it will not power off and will make some loud noises and has to be unplugged than plugged back in. This does not happen often. It happened last Wednesday and cannot recall the last time before than.

The other issue, it might not even be a player issue since some players takes ages to load up which I do not like. So, in that case and yes this player does take sometime to load.

I am asking please if someone could provide a Blu-ray player recommendation under $100.

Thanks!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sony S3700 looks to be $70 and the 6700 is 3D and 4K upscaling for $84. If you don't need 4K or 3D, then 3700. Panny BD93 looks to be comparable standard model and their upscaling is $109. I actually prefer the Panasonics, since I've owned a number of models from both, but at this point they are more similar than not at these prices.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have the Sony S6700. It's a little slow to get going for internet apps, which is generally fine with me, and has an odd long power off (takes about 10 seconds for the panel light to go out, which at first had me turning it back on instead of simply waiting :) ). Not nearly as slow as the Samsung BR player I had in any case. The S6700 has ability to play SACD if that means anything to you. Watch analog audio output abilities (S6700 doesn't have any) if that matters to you (don't use them myself).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Most of the inexpensive players have dropped all analog outputs, so for sure make sure the outputs they offer work for you.

W

Whit Blauvelt

Audiophyte
An old thread, but I just went from an Sony BDS-P3700 to a BDS-P6700, and the the 6700 has far better video and especially audio quality, when played through my Onkyo A/V. The menus and remote are the same, as are most of the advertised features. The 3700 is probably fine if used with a cheap TV and playing through the TV speakers. But for home theater, the 6700 is decent, the 3700 trash.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis