T

trippin

Audiophyte
I have been having so much trouble with this situation its not even funny. K, here is the problem...I have my computer hooked up to my stereo so I can listen to my music on my stereo speakers. This is all done through auxilary and I record a lot of music onto cassettes this way. The cassettes I have always used are TDK SA90's because they are clear and I think they're great. Unfortunately they are hard to find in stores and I have searched everywhere for a tape similar to it but everytime I buy a new kind it sounds as if the recording is distorted. Does anyone know of a cassette similar to the SA90 that can record through auxilary and not sound like crap? Please this will help me so much guys!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't shopped for cassette tapes in decades. If they still sell them, try for Maxell chrome or metal bias. Denon also used to make some good tapes. Memorex was junk, as was Scotch metal. Sony had some good stuff, but was pricey compared to TDK. TDK's MA-X90 was a stellar tape, as was the SA-X 90.

You can delete the other post. No need for two.

T

trippin

Audiophyte
thanx buckeye but i really need a definite answer from someone...thanks a lot though. Please SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP ME!!!

Last edited:
jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Why can't you just burn CDs from your computer to give to DJs?

T

trippin

Audiophyte
ya amazon is selling them but i live in Canada and they wont ship to me:confused: :(

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Geez, quit yer incessant whining already.

Get off yer sorry, whiny arse and face reality. It's a gone media.. .finito... it's an ex-media, it's shucked off it's mortal coil. You're lucky SA is still available at all.

If I were you I'd be scouring the web for any dealer that wants to sell to you in Canada instead of expecting everyone here to do your work for you. Don't you have google up there?

People are giving you good advice but you don't want to hear it.

Move on and try other tape formulations that ARE available. TDK-D is readily available and, for demos, those bigwigs care less about fidelity than chops. If you have to have your deck recalibrated for the new formulation, suck it up and go for it.

Or, like someone else said, invest in a CD burner. Why you choose to ignore this excellent advice is beyond me.

You come here and, in your first post, pose a question. On each subsequent post you seem to be waiting for, no, you are actually DEMANDING, someone tell you what is and where an exact replacement can be found. Don't hold your breath, kid. It ain't gonna happen. Cassettes aren't the big thing like they were 20 - 30 years ago. They don't offer the wide selection of exotic formulations they did.

Welcome to the 21st ecentury and the digital age.

Last edited:
A

AudioArcher

Audioholic
tape

Thanks Mark. I was holding back, but you said it fine.

Maxell Hi-bias XL-II for goodness sake! Geez !!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis