Please Help! Serious difficulty with Sony reciever

V

vandyr

Audiophyte
I didn't see a tech help forum, so I'm guessing this is the right place to post.

I just purchased a Sony HT-DDW660 Home Theatre System, and its driving me nuts!

I have a Symphonic dvd/tv combo that has the orange coax connection in the back, and analog audio/video in the front.
The Sony reciever has the red and yellow Video for audio connections, the red and yellow DVD connections, and the orange coax connection, as well as an optical video in connection. No white video connection.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've hooked up only the orange coax from tv to reciever. I've hooked up only the audio analog (there's no white video analog connection on the back of the reciever) on both video and dvd.

I get sound when playing dvd's, but no sound while watching TV. I've tried every menu on the reciever and on the tv and nothing works. I also read some online reviews about this product and found that many people said you have to get creative to get sound from the tv through this thing, but no one bothered to elaborate :)

Any help here would be appreciated. Called Circuit City where I bought it and they kept telling me it should work with just analog red and yellow audio plugged in, but its not.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
I hate to tell you this, but according to the instruction book page 10, your Symphonic TV will only output DVD audio. It won't send any TV sound to the receiver. All the other jacks are input to the TV only. :(

if you have an old VCR with stereo outputs, you can probably use that to run the sound to the receiver.

http://www.symphonic.us/pdf/om/WF20D4.pdf

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis