Please help me select a Denon receiver

R

Rossco

Audiophyte
Hi all everyone, recently I have gotten into surround sound receivers and curious I'm someone can point me in the direction for a Denon amp somewhere after the 3803 models but have hdmi decoding for DTS HD etc. AL24 plus or advanced AL24 would be great too.

I like the construction of the older units, the analog devices DSP chips and the fact I can get the older ones pretty cheap. Main purpose is stereo music and surround sound music albums and occasional movies, pretty straight forward.

Any info would really be great and save some headaches lol.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi all everyone, recently I have gotten into surround sound receivers and curious I'm someone can point me in the direction for a Denon amp somewhere after the 3803 models but have hdmi decoding for DTS HD etc. AL24 plus or advanced AL24 would be great too.

I like the construction of the older units, the analog devices DSP chips and the fact I can get the older ones pretty cheap. Main purpose is stereo music and surround sound music albums and occasional movies, pretty straight forward.

Any info would really be great and save some headaches lol.
See if you find one of the following:

AVR-3808CI, AVR-4308CI, AVR-4310, AVR-4311, AVR-X4000.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I picked up a used 3808 from a member here a coupla years ago, (still) works like a champ. Can't tell if AL24 is even different from another Denon I have with AL32, tho....I wouldn't put too much into that "feature". Still, with something that old normally I'd want to buy local rather than fleabay etc so I can go test it, but felt secure with a regular member and how he used it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis