Playback mp3's on your DVD player

R

Reg

I recently backed up some of my mp3's onto a DVD but when I placed it in my home DVD player it came up saying 'no disc' how do i get my DVD player to recognise the files?? help me??

U

Unregistered

What kind of dvd player do you have and can it play dvd-r/rw or dvd+r/rw discs? It could be that the player can't play any recordable dvds or it can play recordable dvds, but not ones burned as data dvds with mp3s.

Does the documentation say that it can play mp3 cds? If so, burn a data CD with mp3s (not a DVD) and try it.

R

Reg

The DVD player can recognise mp3's on a cd-r but when i place a larger amount onto a DVD-R disk it has this problem..

R

Reg

The DVD player can both play DVD's off DVD-R havent tried DVD-RW computer wont copy to them for some reason..

D

Dr. Anthony

Audioholic Intern
My guess is its a format conflict

The DVD format is a different format from CD-R and as such when you record in a data mode via computer to a dvd, it will not be read by normal dvd players because of electronics restrictions and format restictions. You can easily play and record onto DVD-R's on your computer using a standard DVD data computer mode and play it back on your computer, but your consumer DVD player does not recognize this format to my knowledge. This is the same reason if you record SVCD info on a DVD it probably will not play back on standard DVD players. Perhaps I am wrong but this is my understanding.

Hope that helps

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis