Plasma mounted above fireplace

C

carver

Audiophyte
I'm a fairly new installer and am needing help with installing a plasma above the mantle on a fireplace. Anyone have any ideas on what the best approach would be? Factors to consider: the fireplace is on an exterior wall, 2 story home (downstairs), there is no cable or power outlet on the fireplace, and the cable box, DVD, (source equipment) will be located in another part of the house. Obviously I will not want the cables to show. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hi
I posted this a couple days ago hope it helps

Hi
The main reason for a standard screen height 1/3 to 1/2 up on smaller screens 1/3 up on larger screens when the eye is in the neutral rest position is for viewer comfort remember you will be seated for 2 or more hours with the eye focused on a stationary object
if the height is too low or too high eye and or neck,sholder ect.. fatigue will set in and make your viewing experience less than optimal You should also consider the position that you view in (reclined or upright) An articulating wall mount can compensate for an aggressive height but you will be sacrificing performance due to a exaggerated viewing angle and glare can be a problem as well. On a side note good Plasma's are heavy one should consider this before the install Mounting a heavy Plasma on a Partioned wall
and hitting only 2 studs is not a good idea You should either box the studs in or use a backer board to hit 3 studs Mounting a Plasma above a fireplace is also tricky first wood burning and plasma's dont mix and second fireplace brick or rock is not a secure surface to mount If you do need to mount above a fireplace use a ceiling mount with an extension pole and make sure your damper is working correctly or convert to gas

Cheers

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis