D

dan2036

Audiophyte
I just got a new 24" LCD tv full 1080p. I was wondering if the pixelation i'm seeing while watching HD cable channels is the tv's fault or the cable company's fault ?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
It could be one or the other or it could be a combination of both. What is the brand/model of the TV? It is most likely in "Vivid" or "Dynamic" mode which will really bring out the artifacts. Putting it into "Standard" or "Cinema" mode will help. Turning the sharpness control down and turning off any "edge enhancement" features can also reduce artifacts. Is it connected to cable straight from the wall or through a box? Are you getting artifacts on both HD and SD signals?

There are some things to start with. ;) Post back with your findings.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I get pixelation as well on fast moving action sceens. I has always heard that the cable companies compress the signal so much which causes the signal to be degraded a bit. I am hoping when the tv goes full digital that this problem will be fixed.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
from time to time, i get video problems. its the cable company.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
If you have an antenna, you can hook it up and see if you have the same issues with broadcast TV. As has been said, it could be either one or both that are causing problems for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis