Pioneer VSX-59TXi Elite A/V Receiver

P

PVOIGT

Enthusiast
My current Yamaha 2092 has performed admirably for the past 5 years. However, due to a lack of digital audio and component video inputs, as well as no DTS processing, I am now forced (happily) to upgrade.

I recently upgraded my DVD Player to the Denon 2900, so I assume it is a no brainer to upgrade my Receiver to the Denon 3805, which is priced in the same area as my budget.

However I recently found a bargain to be had on the Pioneer VSX-59TXi Elite A/V Receiver (AKA VSX-ax10i-* in Australia). Only problem is, there are very few reviews and opinions to be found on the internet for the product. And the hifi shop I like to deal with absoltely bags pioneer products (maybe because they don't sell them).

I'm hoping someone out there knows a little about this receiver, as at this stage I don't know enough about it to bite the bullet and make a purchase, and it could become the "one that got away".

DENON 3805 RRP $2500.00 (Australian Dollars)
Best Price Found $2250.00 (Australian dollars)

PIONEER VSX-59TXi Elite RRP $6999.00 (Australian Dollars)
Heavily Disounted Price Found $3400.00 (Australian Dollars)

As you can see by the prices, even though I had my mind set on purchasing the Denon, the discounted price on the Pioneer is very alluring. But does the Pioneer merely carry an inflated RRP?

Also, the Pioneer is THX Ultra2 certified, whereas the Denon carries no THX certification of any kind. Does this really mean anything?

Hope somebody can help.

U

Unregistered

Im also in aus, WHERE ON EARTH can you get it at that price???????

P

PVOIGT

Enthusiast
It's just a one off (we want to get rid of this) price. The last machine they have on the floor for that model. I get the impression they have had a hard time selling it, as they are not a high end hifi store. A chain store we have up here in Queensland!

Do you have much info on this model?

Judging by the lack of response to this thread, I'll probably stick with the Denon 3805, as I still can't find enought feedback for the Pioneer to make the jump!

M

Markus

Enthusiast
Pioneer Elite products are amzing units. Great build quality, excellent sound & beautiful asthetics.

I think you should definitily take the pioneer at a price like that. When I was out shopping for a new receiver not to long ago it came down to either that unit or the RX-Z9.

I chose the Yamaha but the Pioneer was still a very excellent machine and I think it would eat the Denon 3805 for breakfast.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis