Pioneer receiver suddenly stops working?

P

Pashanator

Audiophyte
Hey so I bought a Pioneer VSX receiver about 4 months ago and it suddenly stopped working. The receiver turns on but no sound comes out of the speakers. I plugged in headphones and there was some sound but it wasn't very loud, even on full volume. I've checked all the cables and power source and couldn't find anything wrong. I did have a party about a week before they stopped working but the volume wasn't dangerously loud.
Anyone have any idea what could have happened?
Is something blow? :(
Thanks.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
IF nothing has changed then it doesn't sound too good.

If it's new, I'd say look into getting it serviced under warranty. If it's not, call around for estimates and compare the cost to fix it with replacing it.

M

mloew1

Audioholic Intern
I don't know if this will help, but try unplugging your amp for a few minutes, see if that does anything.

O

Oldlistener50

Audioholic Intern
First, don't test with the volume way up!!

You can damage your ears or the speakers if you suddenly find the culprit.

Go over each control and make sure they are set right... for example, if you have accidentally hit the tape monitor button it would do what you are describing.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey so I bought a Pioneer VSX receiver about 4 months ago and it suddenly stopped working. The receiver turns on but no sound comes out of the speakers. I plugged in headphones and there was some sound but it wasn't very loud, even on full volume. I've checked all the cables and power source and couldn't find anything wrong. I did have a party about a week before they stopped working but the volume wasn't dangerously loud.
Anyone have any idea what could have happened?
Is something blow? :(
Thanks.
Try a reset back to factory defaults and then go through your set up menus again.

If that does not work return it for service.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Try to find a "signal select" button on your remote and press that a few times. This happens on my elite a few times per year. The button toggles b/w analog or digital or auto input select. The first time it was pressed by mistake it took me a while to figure out what was going on, and I had the same symptoms you described. I'd give it about a 75% chance that this is what happened.

You may want to check on the setup menus and be sure your inputs are assigned correctly too.

The VSX line (at least from a few years ago) is known to have good performance, but is on the difficult end as far as configuration goes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis