Pioneer Elite got the dreaded UE22 error, looking at a Marantz or Yamaha to replace it

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm old school in that i like having a physical place to take stuff back if I have an issue, but other than that, maybe just supporting a local business. I think I'll go with AC4L in this case
Those things can be valuable....altho if you do need to return with A4L you can do it from the comfort of your own home, as I did. I don't live anywhere near any kind of audio store otoh, and haven't for a long time, so not even a thought for me. Supporting a good local audio store could certainly be a plus.

C

ChicagoLR3

Audioholic
The only one by me is part of a big furniture store, but they have a decent selection. I ended up pulling the trigger on the 4500h at AC4L. Waiting a week for it to get here is going to suck though.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The only one by me is part of a big furniture store, but they have a decent selection. I ended up pulling the trigger on the 4500h at AC4L. Waiting a week for it to get here is going to suck though.
There should be some simple paperwork directing you where and how to register for your warranty. Don't forget that part.

I think you're gonna really like it. I've seen this image of its internals posted here a couple of times.

15320_copy_1125x937.jpeg

It's laid out nice. Note the actual real heatsinks too. Not the thin tin can looking looking ones you sometimes see in lower models. MultEQ XT32 is nice too for room correction and with the app you can limit it to just eq'ing your bass frequencies if you like how your speakers sound without eq.

If you have any questions about setup just ask. I highly recommend getting the $20 MultEQ editor app too. It gives you more control and you can get rid of the "midrange compensation" dip Audyssey applies at 2k hz.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There should be some simple paperwork directing you where and how to register for your warranty. Don't forget that part.

I think you're gonna really like it. I've seen this image of its internals posted here a couple of times.

View attachment 37037

It's laid out nice. Note the actual real heatsinks too. Not the thin tin can looking looking ones you sometimes see in lower models. MultEQ XT32 is nice too for room correction and with the app you can limit it to just eq'ing your bass frequencies if you like how your speakers sound without eq.

If you have any questions about setup just ask. I highly recommend getting the $20 MultEQ editor app too. It gives you more control and you can get rid of the "midrange compensation" dip Audyssey applies at 2k hz.
Generally warranty cannot be restricted by lack of "registration" which is usually only a ploy to get you on a mailing list....altho there have been a few companies that will offer a basic warranty but offer an extended one if you "register".....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Generally warranty cannot be restricted by lack of "registration" which is usually only a ploy to get you on a mailing list....altho there have been a few companies that will offer a basic warranty but offer an extended one if you "register".....
Well since I couldn't remember exactly I just dug through all my manuals and receipts and found mine. It says "Service plan must be registered online within 5 days of receipt" on the ticket that came with mine. There's a scratcher with an activation code you have to enter online. Need your sales receipt too. It's through "New Leaf Service Pro".

*Edit: It IS an extended warranty. Instead of straight up selling it to me they included it as part of the sale. A $64.99 value! :p

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well since I couldn't remember exactly I just dug through all my manuals and receipts and found mine. It says "Service plan must be registered online within 5 days of receipt" on the ticket that came with mine. There's a scratcher with an activation code you have to enter online. Need your sales receipt too. It's through "New Leaf Service Pro".

*Edit: It IS an extended warranty. Instead of straight up selling it to me they included it as part of the sale. A $64.99 value! :p
LOL I said generally?! I wasn't thinking of extended warranties, as don't think the consumer protection laws around warranties particularly address those but not sure. It does say in this case of the 3 year warranty on the 4500 that it's a manufacturer's warranty, too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wasn't confident enough in my memory, that's why I looked. It was a couple years ago. In fact, mine might be expired by now...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis