Pioneer and PS3 help

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a pioneer elite VSX-82TXS reciever, pushing Goldenear triton towers and 50C center (surrounds are running off a wireless rocketfish HD for now). HDMI sources are HD cable box, Xbox360, PS3 fat. Digi coax from my computer.

The issue is: I'm not satisfied with the lossless audio coming from the PS3.

The DVD audio from XBox (DTS is typical for movies, dolby digital for games) sounds really good, even the dolby digital from the cable box sounds really good. I can't complain about those at all, can't even tell that these are lossy formats.

However, the lossless from the PS3 is a different story. It just doesn't seem to have the punch, clarity, or dynamics that the other, lesser quality formats have. Seems like I constantly have to turn it up for the quieter dialogue, then back down for the action scenes. Being the older fat PS3, it doesn't do bitstreaming, but PCM. However, the PCM from my computer sounds just fine.

I have done the pioneer room correction routine, and I usually run in the "pure direct" mode or the "Advanced Virtual Surround' Mode. In general it seems to me that the AVS mode is maybe the best mode for this receiver, regardless of source.

Anybody else have this issue? Known problem or issue with PS3? Have any luck fixing or minimizing the issue?

D

david778866

Banned
Guys I have a ps3 connected to HDMI 2 on a pioneer elite 03 I have had this setup for over a year whenever I would use the ps3 for gaming or .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis