Pioneer 590 vs SVS Pinnacle

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I have been thinking about upgrading my B&W speakers (dm602 s3, 603 s3) with two larger towers. All speakers are on the front soundstage. Instead of 5.2, I want to go 3.2. Subs are SVS pb1000.
I was preparing to get the pioneers, but the SVS seem to be highly rated.
What are your thought in how they would compare?
Denon 4500 is the AVR.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are you possibly talking about the JBL 590's? I can't find anything on a Pioneer 590 speaker.

SVS offers a 45 day trial with free return shipping, so there is zero risk in trying their gear. A few people didn't like the highs of the Prime series, but our ears and tastes are all different.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, that's a tough one. I own SVS Ultra speakers and absolutely love them. If I'd have caught the JBL's on sale tho I might have gotten them instead (tho I haven't heard them yet).

This is a fun one because I think you'll be happy either way.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
My apologies... definitely talking about the JBL’s

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Can't go wrong with either. I think the SVS will have a wider dispersion and be on the warmer side of sound. I am guessing the the JBLs will have a narrower dispersion and may have a bit more upper treble output.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Can't go wrong with either. I think the SVS will have a wider dispersion and be on the warmer side of sound. I am guessing the the JBLs will have a narrower dispersion and may have a bit more upper treble output.
I haven't heard the Pinnacles yet and know that you have so I have to defer to you there.

I've heard SVS described as being on the warm side before tho and that's not my experience with the Ultra line. I have some hearing loss and I like a little brightness in a speaker (another reason I'm pretty sure I'd like the 590). My bookshelves and towers sound pretty good to me. Maybe not "bright" but I wouldn't say warm.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
All I can say I'm very happy with my JBL 590s, and I like my SVS MBS-02 (only SVS I have). Hard to tell someone what they're gonna like better....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis