T

Temilotzin

Audiophyte
Hello, I’m new here and was hoping I could get some help with a problem I’m having. I have a sony 34-xbr910 crt tv and I’m getting discoloration in the upper left hand of the set, very pronounced with primary colors red, blue and green. My first thought was that the surround center speaker that sat on top of the tv had faulty shielding, so I replaced it with a newer sony center speaker. This made the problem go away for a bit but it came back so I removed the speaker altogether but the problem persisted. I then found that when I turned off and on the receiver the color in the affected area would fluctuate, so I figured the receiver must be the source of the problem and I replaced it with a new one same problem. Now at my wits end, so my question is has any one had a similar problem and how did they fix it? Or any ideas on what might be causing my problem?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
How close is the receiver to that area of the TV?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
then it's not the receiver.

Is there anything electrical or magnetic near that part of the TV?

T

Temilotzin

Audiophyte
Not near that part of the tv. There are speakers aprox. 3 ft. to the right ant left of the set and dvd players, xbox and cable box in cabinet below.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis