Picked up a used PS3

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
SWEET. Seems like the guy wasn't sure what he had when I asked him, so I was a bit skeptical because of the price, but I met up with him anyway. It turned out to be a CECHA01, aka an original 60G! It looked to be in excellent condition. He said the problem with it is that it doesn't play discs anymore, so the laser is dead apparently. It was a fairly common issue at one point IIRC. Brought it home fired it up, and it seems like it almost had never been used (or was not connected) because it still has FW 2.80 installed! WOW, I haven't seen that old XMB in years! He said he bought it originally for Blu-ray viewing so when it stopped playing discs, he decided to sell it. Anyway, the main reason why I was skeptical and why it ended up being a good deal: it was just $50 :cool: For that price, I figured whatever it was, I'd send it in and exchange it for a Slim, but since it is a CECHA01, I will get it repaired instead.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Great find, you can get replacement parts for that all day on ebay, and you can learn about how to do the repair yourself from the blu-ray.com forums

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
The original was compatible to Blu-ray and SACD (as well as CD/DVD). They dropped SACD later on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis