phillips pronto 1000

P

pelvis70

Enthusiast
I cant afford a Phillips pronto 7000 or anything right now but I have a lot of equiptment and remotes and I HATE my denon avr-3802 reciever remote. Is it worth it to by a used pronto 1000 or should I wait untill I can afford something better? thanks for advice in advance.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
What is your budget?

There are alot of good options for universal remotes. I would recommend Home Theater Master and others will recommend Harmony. You really can't go wrong with either. If you list the equipment you need to control and any specific features the remote must provide, it will be easier to help select a model.

P

pelvis70

Enthusiast
my equiptment

I have a Denon Avr-3802, a sony vega 36" t.v. , motorolla digital cable box,Hitachi f382 vcr, and a jvc xvm5g 5 disc progressive scan dvd player, thanks for any advice :)

M

MAX661

Audioholic
For a Simple setup on a budget you can get the Sony Touchscreen remotes.

The RM-AV2100 is $99 US and controls 12 Components.

I personally would recommend:

Low Budget [$50-$300]: Sony RM-AV Series, Harmony

Mid Budget [$300-$1500]: Pronto Series, iPronto, Universal

High Budget [$1500 - $10K]: Crestron, AMX, Elan, RTi

Hope this helps...

O

ozdvduser

Audioholic Intern
You can pick up a used TSU2000 very cheaply on eBay - I got a nearly brand new one around 18 months ago for under $100US and they are even cheaper now. Best thing I ever bought for the HT setup, makes life so much easier.

The ability to program it, learn codes, setup bitmaps, create macros etc. etc. is so easy once you've done it a couple of times - IMHO go the 2000 over the 1000

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis