Philips 2HR-790 Reciever speaker hook up

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never saw connectors like that....what is the model of the unit involved? Is it for the US market?

ps nm, it's in the title rather than body of thread :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Service manual is at hifiengine.com and they just refer to them as LS system .... wonder if it was some proprietary connector in a matched/htib type system?

J

Jay99216

Enthusiast
Never saw connectors like that....what is the model of the unit involved? Is it for the US market?

ps nm, it's in the title rather than body of thread :)
Yeah, it's a 22r-h790/43z Philips Reciever. I haven't found anything online so far so I'm posting here hoping I can get some kind of info.
Made in Holland - 1970s? Any help is appreciated on how to hook up is appreciated

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Is this the type of connector you are looking at?

If so, I found these on Google in about thirty seconds. If not... I'm at a loss. :D

I did another search on Google for Philips B&O Speaker Connector, and it really does look like this is exactly what we are seeing on the back of the amplifier, so it should be easy enough to pick up some of those adapters off of eBay (or whatever) and connect them to normal speakers as desired. It does look like the screw down terminals on the back of the adapters aren't all that large, so you may be limited to 16 gauge speaker cable or so. Just something to be aware of.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis