Phase Angle Curve Comparisons and Challenge

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Here are the Impedance and Phase Angle Curves of a MTM loudspeaker system which I built 5 years ago. The phase angle curve is an ideal one and better than the ones of most commercial speakers even expensive ones. Has anyone ever seen a better curve?
The phase angle curve is the red line:

Impedance compensation was used and proved very effective on the Morel CAW638 woofers:
img040.jpg

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's the chart Ascend published for my Sierras.

Screenshot_2020-05-26-13-16-33-1.png

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
As published on the Philharmonic site, this is the Phil 3:
1591414612439.png

As tested by Shady, this is the BMR:
1591414778228.png

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Here are the Impedance and Phase Angle Curves of a MTM loudspeaker system which I built 5 years ago. The phase angle curve is an ideal one and better than the ones of most commercial speakers even expensive ones. Has anyone ever seen a better curve?

Impedance compensation was used and proved very effective on the Morel CAW638 woofers:
View attachment 36860
It's about impossible to tell with a scale of +180 to -180. See my question in the other thread about whether one can change the scale on DATS.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 36860
Hmmm...this one has a scale of 0 to 20 for magnitude. Your other plot had a scale of 0 to 30.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm...this one has a scale of 0 to 20 for magnitude. Your other plot had a scale of 0 to 30.
With DATS, we can select the impedance range to view. It can vary from 0 to 10,000 Ohms.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The magnitude doesn't change the impedance nor the phase angle values. It just permits to include a wider range when needed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis