Phantom vs center in bedroom?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I don't use a center in my bedroom. I have a couple of small tower speakers that are only about 6 feet apart and a 12" sub. That and a 55" TV make watching almost as good as the home theater in the family room. Viewing distance is about 10 feet.
I’m trying to decide if i should run these full or small.
I ran these full a few times although they stop at 40hz ..

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I’m trying to decide if i should run these full or small.
I ran these full a few times although they stop at 40hz ..
Without a subwoofer you should run your speakers in full mode, with a subwoofer it is up to you and what works best for you. In my bedroom I have a pair of two way floor standing speakers with small woofers. I run them full since the midrange needs the small woofers. The sub just fills in the low frequencies below about 60 or 70hz.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Without a subwoofer you should run your speakers in full mode, with a subwoofer it is up to you and what works best for you. In my bedroom I have a pair of two way floor standing speakers with small woofers. I run them full since the midrange needs the small woofers. The sub just fills in the low frequencies below about 60 or 70hz.
Sub is also in this room , I just ran bass to both because I was playing music on them for movies I’m not sure if I’d do that or not maybe ?? Pioneers don’t produce anything under 40hz but full is lowest setting on this avr there’s no 50-60 hz just small & large settings.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis