Phantom of the Opera - DVD

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
I wasn't a huge fan of the play, but I just watched the DVD and liked it. Playing it loud in my HT may have something to do with.

DD is the only option which is a bummer and no special features which would have been cool. Maybe a Special Edition

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Hm, I didn't catch this in the theater, I liked the musical when I saw it live a while ago. I was thinking of getting this too. Perhaps I'll wait to see if they do come out with a SE.

R

revjb

Enthusiast
All I have to say is "directed by Joel Schumacher".

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
A follow up :)

I rented this last weekend.

Both my wife and I are fans of the Musical, and the music. At the begining I was thinking... Hm, I should of bought this DVD.. I really like the music...

And then the movie continued, and the Phantom sung...

Overall we both felt as if this movie lacked, a LOT.

Weak singing, so so set design, fair costumes.

I can kind of see why this movie didn't make a huge splash in the theaters.

If you want to see good music within a great movie, get Amadeus :)

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
ducker said:
get Amadeus :)
Great reminder - Has it been remastered? I'll have to check this out.

Another one I just thought of - Red Violin - that should sound great.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
I don't believe it has. I have been on the lookout for it though.

I don't know too much about DVD's and encoding, but I know with Amadeus you have to flip it over... many DVD's you don't. So I'm thinking either it's a single layer, or has that much more data/info on it.

I did notice that it stuttered once on "side 1" I was thinking that was when the laser was seeking for the 2nd layer. but again, I'm a newbie in this aspect.

:)

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
revjb & hillbill:

Just curious on your opinions on Schumacher. I just did a search of his films and discovered that in addition to the Phantom, I'd seen only one other.

-GeorgeM

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis