D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
I bought some perlisten towers and center. Worth spending the money for perlisten subs since they are expensive or is there something else anyone recommends? @shadyJ

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My only experience with perlisten subs is via shady and his commentary. But there are a great deal of excellent subs available from brands like Rythmik, monolith, PSA, svs, and RSL etc.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I do have 2 Svs pb16 ultras now
What is the main goal of the system? I’ve seen other users that changed their pb16’s for other brands and were much happier with them. PSA and Rythmik were the two brands I can think of off hand. The reports were basically “cleaner” bass with more output and extension. It’s not impossible to say their ultras weren’t integrated properly, but iirc they were experienced users so it seemed legit. Shady could comment on the perlisten subs directly however. I’m not that familiar with them. From memory, they have a sealed version and PR version? Can’t remember, except they have thx dominous rating which is badass! Pretty expensive though, but if you have it to spend!

Last edited:
D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
System with be for movies only. I did find a demo d215s for almost half off retail.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I would search for professional third party reviews of subs and then ask @shadyJ as well on this forum for his list of possibles. Kind of depends on your budget and expectations.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You can compare reviews and measurements by Shady here on AH.

Will there be a difference between them? ;) I would expect so. whether it matters to you and your usage scenario is only something you can answer for yourself.
Perhaps @shadyJ can add some insight, especially if you have some specific questions about the results! :0

D

Dhos4094

Audioholic Intern
You can compare reviews and measurements by Shady here on AH.

Will there be a difference between them? ;) I would expect so. whether it matters to you and your usage scenario is only something you can answer for yourself.
Perhaps @shadyJ can add some insight, especially if you have some specific questions about the results! :0
D15 not d215

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What makes one sub more musical than another?
The one you PERSONALLY PREFER when listening to your favorite music. :D

I tried dual Perlisten D15s using their built-in EQ, instead of using my AVP’s PEQ. I didn’t like it, was disappointed. They sounded very good when I was watching movies, but I did not like them for music. I did not use my Yamaha’s PEQ - just used the Perlisten sub’s built-in EQ (THX & Large settings).

So I went back to using my RBH SX-1010N passive subs (Yamaha CX-5100 PEQ, ATI AT2005 amp). Now my music sounds awesome again.

I think movie bass might be easier than for music. Both the Perlisten and RBH subs sound great for my movies, but I got SIGNIFICANTLY better bass for music with the RBH passive subs.

Anyway, that was my experience with the dual Perlisten D15s. I sold them quickly after my experiment. :D

I think the key takeaway is PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Some people might think their SVS, Rhythmik, HSU, etc. subs sound better than more expensive subs. Based on my personal experience, it is very possible that less expensive subs can subjectively sound better than subs that cost a lot more.

A

aoaaron

Audioholic Intern
Perlisten subs are far more musical than the SVS. IMO. They are worth the extra $$$.
Hi Gene, do you reccomend 2x D15S or should people go for D212S?

D215S is sadly too big for my room as screen is 75cm. Is the 15 inch woofer better for presurisation or the dual D212s?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis